Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sunny Weather!

Well, yesterday we had a snow day....yes another one. The good news is, during the afternoon the roads were clear and the snow was melting because of the sunny weather. Today, is another beautiful sunny day and the snow is continuing to melt!! That means SPRING IS IN THE AIR!!!! Woo hoo! Finally! Hopefully the snow is done for the winter.

I brought out some bright and sunny yellow for my outfit today. It definitely made my mood a sunny one! At school, our behavior charts aren't by colors it's by your weather. For example, every student starts on a sunny day, but their weather could change depending on how they are acting. If they misbehave they clip their name down to partly cloudy and then to cloudy, stormy, and if they change their bad behavior into awesome behavior, they get to be on the rainbow. It's pretty cool and it really works. We always ask each other at school, "What's your weather like today?". Mine was totally sunny today!!!! My outfit might have helped a little :)

This past weekend I got my hair cut and my gray hairs colored! Ha! I love it!
Navy and white striped tee from Old Navy for $10.50.
Yellow Blazer from Forever 21 similar to this for $32.99.
Lucky Brand Jeans from Goodwill!
Brown Boots from Target for $39.99.
Navy Necklace from Amazon similar to this for $8.99.

This outfit also matched my new teacher bag for Spring! During my snow day yesterday, I went to Walmart and found this amazing tote in so many colors for only $18!!! It's quite spacious, which I love! They had it in green, royal blue, red, yellow, black, black and white striped, and royal blue and white striped. I was definitely in Spring mode yesterday when the sun came out and the snow was melting.



What was your weather like today?


9 comments:

  1. Yay for almost spring! Your hair looks adorable and I love the yellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm, how cute is the "what is your weather today?" SO cute. Oh man, if I asked my high schoolers that question, I'd get stormy pretty often. They're just all angsty, haha. Of course, I love them and their Eeyore-like tendencies. Anyway, I love this cheery look. (So weird that I have a mustard blazer and blue/white striped top post all queued up for Friday...with blue jeans AND brown boots. I must have been in a semi-spring mood this weekend when I picked out my clothes!) Spring can't come quickly enough.

    Oh, and adorable hair cut! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Oh I remember being a high school student! Thats so funny that we planned almost the exact same outfit! Great teacher fashionista minds think alike! :)

      Delete
  3. I need to go to Walmart and get me a new bag! I love the bright yellow! At our school, tomorrow is Wear Bright Colors Day so I have my lime green and teal picked out and my Lucky Brand jeans that I found at Goodwill. I love the weather reference for your behavior chart. I might have to use that with my Title I students.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like fun!!! We need some brights to brighten up this dull winter :)

      Delete
  4. Love the hair! And that behavior management system is just too cute! This blue striped top and sunny yellow blazer were just made to be together =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your look great. I love that you use weather for the behavior of you student

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't it nice to see the sun and a little bit of grass!!?? Love the yellow! It is my favorite color(: Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the hair and this Outfit. Another fun colored blazer. I have always loved Yellow with Navy, too.

    ReplyDelete